Monday, February 20, 2006

UM Alumnus to appear on The Apprentice


Diaz fourth UM alum to appear on Trump reality show

Last May, hundreds of University of Miami alumni returned to the Coral Gables Campus, most in their best business suits, to interview for the chance to compete for a dream job with real estate and promotion mogul Donald Trump. Now, on the fifth season of NBC's The Apprentice, José "Pepi" Diaz, A.B. '02, joins Erin Elmore, B.S.C. '00, Todd Bunkley, A.B. '93, and Katrina Campins, B.B.A. '01, as the fourth Hurricane to have a chance to work with Trump as contestant on the popular reality show. Diaz is an attorney at Ackerman Senterfitt in Miami. He received his undergraduate degree at UM and a degree in law from Columbia University. Aside from his legal duties, he also has traveled extensively and volunteers his time for Habitat for Humanity. "I think I can make a real difference in the Trump organization," said Diaz. "Like Mr. Trump, I have been inspired by my family to work harder than the next guy, and that is something that is part of who I am."


Another attorney on the apprentice. How inventive. Good luck to "Pepi" anyway. I hope he does well.

QUOTE of the Month: "because I said so..."

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!