Sunday, November 20, 2005

So annoyed....

Is it wrong to expect certain behaviors from certain people who occupy certain roles in your life. I mean that societal norms pretty much dictate what ceratin people in certain positions in your life are supposed to do. Like friends do this, and parents do that, siblings do this, stranger do that... etc, etc,...

What happens when one of these people refuses to fulfill the expectations associated with their role. Like take me for instance, I open doors for my girlfriend/wife/flavorofthemonth whenever a door is around and she wants to go through it. I pull out her seat, call her when I can, let her call me "smoofty" behind closed doors... etc, etc. What about her role? Shouldn't she clean up after me, know how to cook or at least make strides in that direction, give other chicks evil looks when they are checkin me out, ignore me when I am checkin them back... etc, etc, ... I fulfill my role why can't she...

This post was borrowed from the mind of a friend of mine who recently spoke to me about annoying things in general. He seemed to have thought on this subject for a while. After he got the biggest smack on the back of his head b/c gf did not find it funny, I really did not know what to say back.

QUOTE of the Month: "because I said so..."

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!